Are you an emerging creative talent in Houston with an eye for design?
Submit your work for a chance to be recognized as this year’s AIGA Houston Emerging Designer Award winner. We’re excited to celebrate a new generation of talent creating stellar work and breaking boundaries in our local community.
This year, the Emerging Designer Award judge will be Lana Rigsby, our 2019 AIGA Houston Design Fellow. One winner will be selected and honored during the AIGA HOU Design Fellow 2019: Lana Rigsby event on Friday, October 25. The 2019 Emerging Designer will also be profiled on AIGA Houston’s website.
*** Deadline Extended Once More***
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org
All entries and payment due by 11:59 pm on
October 10, 2019 October 18, 2019
Who is Eligible
- Professional emerging designers working in the creative field for 1–4 years
- Open to both AIGA members and non-members in the Houston region
- Open to all ages
- All entries gain free admission to the AIGA HOU Design Fellow 2019: Lana Rigsby event. Attendance to this event is required to receive the award
AIGA Houston Board members are NOT eligible
- *** Due to the blind-judging nature of the Emerging Designer Award (judged exclusively by this year’s HOU Design Fellow, Lana Rigsby), we’ve decided to extend the deadline once more and allow our hardworking eligible board and volunteers to apply. We want to celebrate all our emerging designers and have decided not to exclude those who give so much of their donated time to helping our board function year-round. ***
What to Submit
- A pdf with 5–7 pieces of your strongest design work. Professional and pro-bono work will be accepted. This includes work done while employed or freelance. One self-promotional piece will be accepted. (For online work, please include associated links.)
- Brief bio expressing your achievements in the design field
- Two letters of recommendation from a mentor, employer, colleague or professor. Official letterhead not required, but letters should be signed and signature blocks should include:
- Website (optional)
AIGA Members: FREE
Not a member? You can support our mission and programming by joining today. Memberships start at $50/year!