Create human-centered solutions with design thinking.
New year, new skills! We are excited to bring you our first workshop of the year with Intro to Design Thinking. This two-week, hands-on workshop covers an overview of the design thinking methodology and makes for a great introduction if you are looking to dive deeper into comprehensive UX Design or design thinking courses. Participants will receive a certificate upon workshop completion.
Design: Sara Iqbal
- March 6–9 and 13–16, 2024
- Times vary. See details in workshop schedule below.
- Umbrage Studios
- 2327 Commerce St., Suite 200
- Houston, TX 77002
- AIGA member (Student): $125
- AIGA member (Other): $160
- Student nonmember: $160 (If you are a student nonmember, please email officers for a discount code.)
- Nonmember: $200
Workshop materials with light bites and refreshments are included in the ticket.
Not a member? You can support our mission and programming by joining at my.aiga.org. Memberships start at $50/year!
- Wednesday, March 6–Friday, March 8
- 6–8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 9
- 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 13–Friday, March 15
- 6–8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 16
- 10 a.m.–2 p.m.
Why It Matters
Sign up for this workshop if you are a(n) ...
- Graphic designer curious about UX design, product design or designing for good.
- Educator looking to improve your curriculum to enhance student projects and engagement.
- Researcher looking for creative ways to present your findings.
- Student (18+) exploring college majors and career pathways.
You will learn:
- Careers in design thinking
- The five steps of the design thinking process with hands-on exercises
- How to develop personas of your affected audience
- Various tools for brainstorming, synthesizing, visualizing and presenting
- How to prototype and test your solution
- How to provide constructive feedback in a safe space
Free parking is available in the attached lot behind the building. Street parking is available on surrounding streets, and the use of rideshare and carpooling are encouraged.
Please note: This event is on the second floor of the building and is accessible by stairs or elevator at request for special accommodations.
As the profession’s oldest and largest professional organization for design, AIGA seeks to advance design as a professional craft, strategic advantage and vital cultural force. Locally, the Houston chapter focuses on building community, strengthening skills and advocating for design. We are a 100% volunteer-powered nonprofit organization.
We are committed to programming that is as inclusive as possible. If you require special assistance, accommodations or wheelchair seating, please email the Officers at least 7 business days before the scheduled event.
Code of Conduct
By registering and or attending any of our events, you agree to abide by AIGA Houston’s Code of Conduct.
Recording Disclosure: Your registration and/or presence constitutes permission to use photos, audio and video recording taken in the public spaces of our event for promotional and educational purposes in connection with AIGA Houston activities, corresponding publications and AIGA Houston managed websites. If you would prefer to not be included in photos or videos, please contact a board member or event volunteer to discuss further options.
COVID-19 Disclaimer: We understand that the Coronavirus pandemic is ongoing and constantly evolving. We can’t wait to see you in-person, but the health of our community is of the utmost importance. Please follow local recommendations regarding vaccinations, masks and social distancing while at AIGA events to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
Special Thank You to Our Sponsors
Interested in sponsoring? Email Sara Iqbal for information on how you can participate as an event sponsor.
Umbrage is a crafts-based digital studio. We design, develop, and deliver impactful solutions through deep partnerships, a product-and-craft mindset, and a passion for education. We are methodical in how we grew, resourceful with the tools provided, and relentless in building—and teaching clients how to build—digital products.
Venue generously donated by Umbrage